Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Writing a Marketing Campaign



I looked at the document that was sent to me by a client for re-write. I stared at it, and stared some more, and yelled,

"Uughht! This marketing campaign stinks!"

You don’t use high fallutin’ words when you make a sales pitch! You don’t go around the bush to confuse your prospective buyer! When you attempt to make a sale, you go direct to the point and zero in on what you want. Everything should be written in simple English that can be understood by a 4th grader. Literary writing is different from business writing. Heck! a sales pitch is even different from any kind of writing!

My client is a learned man, who happens to be a licensed real estate broker. The only good thing about our relationship is that he listens to me. I hope he listens to me this time. The marketing campaign draft  that he sent me looks like a thesis for a masteral degree. After revision, he will not recognize this draft when I am done with it!

I hope he doesn't fire me, though!

Ohlala! LOL!

Have a good day everyone! Just having fun here!

#marketing_campaign

Photo credit: Pixabay.com by Geralt

writer_csm

Onli in da Pilipins: A Writer's Journal
Copyright © csmiravite™. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment