Friday, May 1, 2015

FREELANCE WRITING, COFFEE, AND ME




cappuccino coffee

I do freelance writing, once in a while, if I have the time. It is just my laptop and several cups of coffee that keeps me company when I work. Just recently, I suddenly woke up from my work table, not knowing that I slept. I was too fagged out that I just slumped in my seat without realizing it. By the time I woke up, several hours have passed. Writing several articles sapped my energy--- that I slept like a log.

Zzzzzz……. I was in dreamland and I didn’t even know how I got there!


I looked for coffee and there was nothing in my cupboard! Nothing to brew and there was not even a sachet left of instant coffee!


This is one sorry state that I can’t do anything about since it's 12 midnight in my part of the world. I don’t like to go out only to find non-human characters lurking in the streets.


All I have is my laptop, that I felt got surprised too when I woke up. It probably knew that I was tired---that it went on a sleep mode the minute that I dozed off, as well. I have to waken myself, but all that's left in my pantry was half a crate of Zambales mangoes. I got a few, put it in a blender, threw in some ice, and I had enough mango fruit slush to waken the dead!



Mango Slush Drink
Photo credit: By Author


Freelance writing is one of the fastest ways to earn money online. If you get commissioned to do five to ten articles at a time, that would give you enough money for weekly groceries. Response is immediate and you earn fast. No ifs or buts. It is a virtual market place, run by the concept of ---you work, we pay.

Any downside to it? Oh, yes! You may get a request for rewrite or outright rejection.


I guess, that all goes down with the territory! Now, if I only can find where to get that cup of coffee...

Have a good day everyone!

Photo credit: Pixabay.com by skeez


Onli in da Pilipins: A Writer's Journal
Copyright © csmiravite™. All Rights Reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment