Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Small Time Investing for Pinoys

A farm hand named, Pepe, who can't hear and talk, but is a good worker.

Most Pinoys have a penchant for small time investment. We like to earn and see our money grow. Most recently I had a change in plans.

Investment with BPI UITF 

I went to the bank to withdraw my UITF investment. I had an error in judgement and I needed more funds for the farm. The bank manager told me that I will lose P1, 200. Can I take it? I stared at her in disbelief! I am an old warrior and losses of this amount won't affect me. It may sting a little, but it won't push me down the edge!

I soon realized that unless you put hundreds of thousands in money market placements, you're not bound to earn much, nor likely to lose much either. You need to make leaps and bounds and not just waddle along to make a difference. I may tinker with it again in the near future to toy around with the numbers. Meantime, it is just brick and mortar activities for me.

Decisions on Buying Farm Equipment

I was faced with the dilemma of whether to buy an additional farm equipment or just rent. I had a pump and a tilling machine repaired and observed its performance during this planting season. My verdict?  Unless, you have a farm hand who is adept in engine repair, you're bound to lose money for repairs over the long haul. Your movement will be limited by the people under your employ.

In mathematical terms, knowing your parameters and the constraints that you are faced with, can help simplify in the decision making to its core. It pays to have a little learning to do the small things, like farming. Hence, my decision is just to lease; I do away with constant repairs, and it gives me less headache.


TIPS FOR SMALL TIME INVESTORS IN THE PHILIPPINES



writer_csm


Onli in da Pilipins: A Writer's Journal
Copyright © csmiravite™. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment