Thursday, August 28, 2014

The 7-11 Store at BF Almanza, Las Pinas City



7-11 Store at BF Almanza, Las Pinas City


Outside of the subdivision where I live, is a 7-11 store where I buy some of the things that I need. That would include, the daily newspaper (Philippine Daily Inquirer), instant coffee drinks with hazelnut/mocha flavor, siopao or donuts, and the P15 ice cream cone with a choice of Choco or Ube flavor.

Of course, that is also where I buy Maling meat loaf, pork and beans, canned tuna, and other needs like laundry soap and fabric softeners. The people manning the store know that whenever I come in --- I buy a few things, read the daily newspaper, and munch a siopao with my liter of mineral water, while sitting comfortably in the snack area.

You can say, that I am one of their regulars whom they oftentimes see around. I go to the store too to buy my Sun Broadband cards, which cost me a thousand pesos a month. They often tell me that I am their number one buyer of Sun Broadband cards. I tell them that I am a writer and I am always online; hence, my apparent need for internet broadband cards.



The 7-11 flyer outside the store


The store has a fully functioning air-conditioning unit that makes it cool to sit around and relax. It is manned by a pool of friendly staff and a place where I go to before I do other things. Having a 7-11 store outside the subdivision is a good business idea as it gets a free flow of customers from the nearby subdivision.

However, there is also the so-called risk of the trade. The other day, a dishevelled man entered the store and ran amuck inside. He was cursing and shouting, and the staff just stared and unable to do anything about it. Since the store does not have a security guard during the daytime, the all girl staff was petrified and unable to do anything. What I did was ran outside and called for help.

Apparently that same man, have always entered the store, but does not do anything drastic. But that is beyond the point and I feel that the store owners should do something about it. If I come across the same incident again, I will not take it sitting down. I would write the store owners and file a letter of  complaint. There is something very wrong with how they run the business if they would not act on it immediately.




writer_csm


Onli in da Pilipins: A Whiter's Journal
Copyright © csmiravite™. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment