Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Mr. KIMBOB Food Stall-Southmall, Las Pinas

Mr. Kimbob Stall at Southmall, Las Pinas
Mr. KIMBOB is a fast food stall in Southmall, Las Pinas that fast food diners can try out. It boasts of Korean-inspired dishes, and you can have a pick of either meats, veggies, or a combination of both.

As a resident of the area, I am always at the mall either to buy some stuff in the supermarket or to have my devices (computer, cell phone, and camera) repaired. It also has a C-D-R King outlet where I  buy my USB, monitor, and other techie knick knacks.

I came upon Mr. KIMBOB today, to try out their Korean dishes. I have been a loyal customer of KIMCHI, a Korean fast food joint, that have folded up several years ago. I always liked Kimchi's chicken/squid barbeque and beef broth whenever I am at the mall. This order always comes with  a heaping of kimchi to add spice to the dish, and it's yummy!.


Mr. Kimbob's Chicken meal that looks like a Chinese sweet and sour dish

So, eager-beaver, I ordered a Chicken dish with veggies on this new Korean food stall. KIMCHI used to served this meal with spicy mongo sprout, and it was never oily. Nonetheless, what I ordered had carrots and slivers of cabbage instead of mongo sprout. I would have thought, that the manner of cooking would be the same and taste the same too.

But I was wrong. When I got what I ordered, I was surprised that it looked like the sweet and sour variation of a Chinese lauriat. The meat and veggies were oily. Had it not been in the name of the store, I would have no reservation that this was a sweet-sour thingie that is served in many Filipino/Chinese joints.

You cannot judge a store by a single product, so they say. But you cannot also fool a customer by saying that you are what you are, when you are not. 

Will I go back?

Nope, you have lost me there Mr. KIMBOB. I suggest for you to come up with fewer choices of meals and only concentrate on authentic Korean dishes. That would make you stand out. You can fool some people once. But twice?

Ah, nada! I better go try Teppanyaki next time. :D


writer_csm


Only in da Pilipins: A Writer's Journal
Copyright © csmiravite™. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment