Monday, May 11, 2015

Trip to Palawan Underground River

Palawan Subterranean River underground Park
Photo credit: Wikimedia Commons

MOMMY AND DAUGHTER BONDING TIME
@ Palawan

A few months ago, my daughter and I decided to go to Palawan for a 3 days, 2 nights trip via the piso fare of Cebu Pacific.

The D-Day is fast approaching and we haven't decided yet on the iterinary. We have to  booked now, so we can still take advantage of the discounts given by booking agents.

Since we both work as freelance writers, finding the time to go on an out of town trip can be difficult and taxing. We always have work and deadlines to meet, with barely enough time for other things.

Firefly Watching
Photo credit: tripadvisor.com


I have a freer time as compared to my kid, since I don't rely much on online work for my upkeep. But, the kid has a pool of clients, and her deadlines are frenetic.

As it is, the iterinary has been pushed so many times, that we now only have a few more weeks before flight time.

I look forward to this trip and I hope to take great shots of the site. I like to see the fireflies and the underground caves, among other things. Let us see if I get lucky  to see bats flying around.

Ka Lui Restaurant, Puerto Prinsesa, Palawan
Photo credit: Kohphai.com


Reading about Palawan, made me salivate...

"Palawan has recently been named as the country’s top draw for Best Island for Travelers in 2013 by the Travel and Leisure magazine. It has outranked other places on the travel list --Maui in Hawaii and Santorini in Greece, among many others. The place grabbed the limelight as official “it place” after the Puerto Princesa Underground River was designated as one of the seven wonders of nature in the world."

Here's hoping for a wonderful summer vacation in Palawan!

#palawan_underground_river
#palawan_firefly_watching

writer_csm

Onli in da Pilipins: A Writer's Journal
Copyright © csmiravite™. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment