Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A Friend's Tale: Love Among the Oldies




Tete-a-Tete with a Friend...

There was once a local movie actor, when asked who his crush is in the local pool of movie actresses, he said --- “I don’t have crushes. It’s either I have a wife, a girlfriend, or a significant other.” That response struck me, since I know that it is true. After a certain age, past my 20th birthday --- I don’t have crushes anymore.

What I have, was a boyfriend or a significant other. And when in a relationship, I never look at the others --- lustily! Lol! I was not lucky in picking the right person, though, I never look at the others but they do! That is ironic, but I accept it as a part of life and never lose sleep when that happens.

I am now in a happy compromise. The significant other is in faraway Djakarta and I am happily grounded in Manila. We have been in this relationship for more than a decade, and comfortable with it. He does his thing, and I do mine. He is happy with what he does, and so am I. The only thing is that we are not together.

We have been in and out of this relationship, for the past decade. We get waylaid, by other people ---- either he or I did. Those were the times when we were much younger. But we are now too old for anything. The only problem, is I am the only one who feels this way, he does not.

He calls up early in the morning, probably trying to check if there is somebody with me. Well, he either finds me working or asleep. Just like tonight --- I was in dreamland and enjoying every moment of it, when the phone rang. As usual, he was on the other line and cooed, “ I love you, honey! I can’t wait to be home!”

POSTSCRIPT: If young people can be gingerly sweet, so can the oldies! Lololol!

I just woke up. It is 2:30am Manila time. Good morning everyone! :D

writer_csm

Onli in da Pilipins: A Writer's Journal
Copyright © csmiravite™. All Rights Reserved


Republished from bubblews.com with nom de plume, avila_fajardo

No comments:

Post a Comment