Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Writer's Dilemma: Procrastination

 
 
Procrastination in Freelance writing spells ---disaster. It is when you have a deadline to meet, but your mind does not go along with your body. You just stare at the blank screen and do nothing. It is not because you don't know what to write; it is the body that does not want to move. I have a 2,000 word report that was due yesterday. I am still looking at it and not doing anything. I started to write the 1st two paragraphs, and it was ok. I have no difficulty doing it. This is something that I am familiar with, but here I am just staring at it.

I have to force myself to finish this work or I will have an angry employer who will be bombarding me with emails. I cannot let this "despicable thing" defeat me. I have to work and put words on that blank screen. If I need to bleed my brains dry just to do it, I will do it. It is my body acting up again, with this wayward behavior. I have to do it....I need to do it.... no ifs..... no buts. This is work. This is not an ego trip. I need to work to retain this client. I need to work to earn my keeps. I need to work, because that is what I do. I write.

Just yapping about.....when my mind seems to go nowhere. Bubblews say, you write your world. Oh, here is mine. It is nothing but a blank wall!

Good evening everyone! It is 11pm, Manila time and I need to go back and work.

Have a good day everyone! :D

Photo credit: pixabay.com by
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment