Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Freelance Writing: Work, Compensation, and the Christian Faith



 


 
 
Author’s Note: The bubblews site was down for a few hours. It prompted a 705 error. Horrible! I wrote this post when the site was down, before doing my next round of assignments in another portal. Good it is up and running now! 

ON WORK, COMPENSATION, & CHRISTIAN FAITH

This is the first week in my almost two years as freelance writer that I earned much. Not really much, but this week tops it all. This trend is going to last till next week. How I did it is pretty much the same way as how others do it----I view my current project as if it will be my last work on earth. Hence, it has to be the best that I can do at the moment.

It has been a long and hard climb, of keeping the faith and driving myself to excel in a craft which is not my first passion. At the back of my head, I know that I am first and foremost –--an Accountant. It is my reality where I can swim most confidently in an ocean that I call home. Writing is a passion, and I didn’t know that it is one, until circumstances forced me into it.

I got another round of assignments just this minute, and it will keep me busy for sometime. What is the topic all about? No, it is not about stock trading or the techie stuff that I usually crank out. It is coming up with a book--- of Christian Prayers. Fifty prayers for everyday experiences at 150 words each. I did not know that my faith can drive me to this extreme. I love my God and I adhere to my faith. But writing a whole book of prayers ---is something I never imagine that I can do.

I am ever thankful to the Lord and Master for all the gifts that He has given this faithful servant. I am happy that I still walk God’s path towards eternal life where I will find my Master’s abode.

In Jesus Name, I pray.

Amen

Have a Blessed Day everyone!

Photo credit: pixabay.com by
 
writer_csm
 

No comments:

Post a Comment